- Work Type: Permanent
- Location: 35 Edward St, Currie TAS 7256
- Job ID #: 1716
The THS are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to undertake the Transition to Practice program who is passionate about the greatest quality of care, ensuring that you collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team. Within the dynamic King Island healthcare team, you will contribute to a strong professional team approach through open communication and a positive supportive environment.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) or an experienced Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the health outcomes of your patients through excellence in practice, fostering a learning culture, excellent communication skills and working effectively within a multidisciplinary team. You will be expected to actively participate in Transition to Practice activities to assist in the transition to the role of Registered Nurse. You will need to be able to involve patients and their families/carers in the decision-making process for their health outcomes and well as to maintain accurate and objective documentation. You must adhere to all policies and guidelines including those around mandatory training and assessment. You will also be expected to promote a safe and inclusive work environment and follow the directions given to you by the NUM or Registered Nurse who is overseeing you.
King Island is a unique location to undertake this program, providing a variety of healthcare work from emergencies to aged care. The scenery is beautiful with a friendly community and once you have spent some time here, you may not want to leave. If you think you are suited to this role, please apply today.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex-Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- More than six months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Less than two years since completion of Registered Nurse qualifications for registration.
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our community. They are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
What’s on offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Please note that access to the Grade 4 salary range is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4.
Online applications are preferred, please visit http://careers.jobs.tas.gov.au/cw/en/job/1010535/registered-nurse-transition-to-practice-521235.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form: