- Work Type: Permanent
- Location: Smithton
- Job ID #: 1828
Focus of duties:
- Deliver quality psychological assessment and therapeutic services at the Diabetes Centre and to clients of THS-North West.
- Undertake a leadership role and maintain specialised knowledge to contribute to clinical best practice for psychology services provided within the Diabetes Centre in accordance with organisational policies, best practice standards and the professional code of conduct of the Australia Psychology Society.
- Participate as a member of the Diabetes Centre multidisciplinary team in the provision and evaluation of services across the continuum of care in THS-North West.
- Coordinate psychology services provided by the Diabetes Centre, plan and develop innovative best practice strategies for the psychological care of the patient with diabetes in the region.
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. Experience in Diabetes Services is a mandate
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West Regional Hospital
Reports To: Nurse Unit Manager – Diabetes Centre
It is a multidisciplinary team lead by a Nurse Unit manager & Nurse Practitioner. The team has diabetes educators, a dietitian and a podiatrist. There are 13 members in the team. Team also has a visiting endocrinologist.
What’s on offer?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients and the Tasmanian community through a sustainable, high quality and safe health and human services system, and value leading with purpose, being creative and innovative, acting with integrity, being accountable and being collegial.
Contact name, number and email address-
Nam Rajan - Recruitment Officer
Must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter