Arriving in a new town and job can offer lots of challenges but we are here to help!
Regardless of whether you are coming from another country, another state, or somewhere else within Tasmania, we would like to assist you and your family settle into your new general practice position and community as smoothly as possible.
You will get to know your HR+ medical recruitment consultant over many months, as they assist you with finding a GP position and obtaining registration. What happens on your arrival will be somewhat determined by your individual needs. However, we will liaise with your employing practice to ensure:
- You and your family are met on arrival and taken to your initial accommodation
- You are introduced to your new practice and key contacts in your new location
- Your HR+ recruitment consultant will take you to Hobart for your registration appointment with AHPRA
- You will be guided through the process of applying for a provider number with Medicare Australia
- Your HR+ recruitment consultant will have arranged a comprehensive orientation program to prepare you for starting work in general practice
- You and your family will receive a visit from your HR+ recruitment consultant soon after your arrival to check on how you are settling in
- You will receive regular visits from your HR+ recruitment consultant in the first 12 months
- You will be advised of any educational and CPD events that are being offered and are of relevance to you