- Work Type: Permanent
- Location: 3 Bay Street, Strahan TAS 7468
- Job ID #: 1767
- DWS: Yes
- MMM Classification: 6
- Moratorium Period: 6 years
Ochre Health is seeking a vocationally registered General Practitioner with no restrictions to join them on a full-time basis in Strahan, a picturesque fishing village on the stunning west coast of Tasmania.
As the sole GP you will see a variety of cases, including work injuries, and will therefore need to be proficient with common general practice conditions and also to hold a current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS, etc) with recent experience in an unsupervised setting. Obstetrics and anaesthetics are not required.
You will be supported by a CDM trained nurse, senior practice manager and visiting allied health professionals. Opening hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday (closed public holidays) with A&E facilities available at Queenstown (40 minutes away) and Burnie (2.25 hours).
With more than 30 medical centres across six states and territories, Ochre Health has over 150 doctors in a diverse range of metropolitan, regional, rural and remote communities within Australia.
As the gateway to the famous Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, Macquarie Harbour and the departure point for the West Coast Wilderness Railway, Strahan is a major tourist destination in the warmer months. It is a 4.5 hour drive from Hobart and 3 hours from Devonport.
Ochre Medical Centre Strahan has been servicing the local area for many years. It offers a range of health services, including general family medical care, women’s health, men’s health, occupational medicine, travel advice and vaccinations, antenatal checks, childhood vaccinations and workers compensation.
The practice operates a mixed billing model and is fully computerised using Best Practice.
What’s on offer?
- Support of national company
- Potential earnings of $250,000 - $300,000 from general practice billings
- Relocation, CPD and retention grants
- Housing and car allowance
- Eligible location for the RLRP, RVTS, ACRRM IP and Five Year Scheme
- Excellent mentoring (if required ) by an ex-ACRRM/RDAA President based in Queenstown (40 minutes away)
- Comprehensive orientation program on arrival