HR+ is a not-for-profit incorporated association contracted by the Australian and Tasmanian governments to recruit and retain general practitioners, nursing and allied health professionals in Tasmania, with an emphasis on rural and remote communities.
We work with private, community controlled, corporate and other organisations looking to maintain and improve their services through an appropriately skilled and qualified medical and health workforce. We also provide practice support and support for eligible NDIS participants.
Our services fall into five broad areas. These are:
- Attracting the future workforce, through working with medical students, prevocational doctors and GP registrars interested in a rural career;
- Recruiting and supporting new general practitioners, nursing and allied health professionals to take up positions in Tasmania;
- Providing professional development opportunities for GPs, nursing and allied health professionals and other practice staff in Tasmania; and
- Providing a range of Practice Support services to maintain the sustainability of practices to improve the ongoing retention of staff;
- Providing financial intermediary services, and recruitment/payroll support, to NDIS participants in Tasmania.
The current Board is:
- Mr Stephen Brown (Chair)
- Mr Gary Smith
- Mr James Walker
- Ms Christine Edwards
- Dr Harneet Verma
- Dr Lizzi Shires