The GP Taster Weekend is a destination event through which University of Tasmania students are exposed to real-world clinical role-play activities, information sessions and networking opportunities over a two-day period.
Application period now open!
Now in its 13th year, the GP Taster Weekend is a must if you are considering a career as a GP.
Where: Tidal Waters Resort - St Helens
When: Friday 22 to Sunday 24 of February
Cost: FREE* - includes accommodation, meals and all sessions
The 2019 event includes topics like:
- How to become a GP - what are the pathways
- Employment options and the business side of a general practice
- Working in a rural area
- Listen to real-world GP experiences and testimonials
- Engage in practical training and hands-on experience
- Networking opportunities and much more
Applications close Thursday 31 of January at 11:00 am
*Due to the high number of applications, after your application is accepted, a small deposit of $50 will be required to secure your spot. The $50 will be reimbursed after the event. There is no reimbursement if you don't attend.