- Work Type: Permanent
Our client has established a reputation for high-quality physiotherapy service provision in Northern Tasmania and they are currently seeking a full or part-time physiotherapist to join their team, with an attractive professional development package for the successful applicant.
The practice is located a short 20 minute drive north of Launceston and they have a strong relationship with the local medical practitioners. The practice has emphasised evidence based practices for over sixteen years, and as such, provide their patients with an exceptional level of treatment and service. They are committed and passionate about their vision of assisting all members of the local community to be active and healthy, so they can fully participate in life, sport and work.
The case load is varied and may include: clinic-based, aged care and falls prevention, domiciliary home visits, hydrotherapy and dynamic group exercise classes.
The position involves assessment, treatment, education, exercise prescription and advice on a wide range of musculoskeletal, neurological and sports injuries. The service requires a holistic approach to each case and good communication skills are essential for working closely with insurance companies, doctors, specialists and other allied health professionals.
Your skills & experience:
- Ability to complete functional assessments and provide pain management within identified guidelines
- Strong knowledge of musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain in the general population
- Ability to design and develop group exercise programs and hydrotherapy treatments
- Previous experience in private practice and with neurological rehabilitation will be advantageous, however it is not essential for this position
- A current drivers license is essential
- Working with vulnerable people registration
- Hold a current national police clearance
- Must be eligible to work within Australia
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
This position would suit somebody who may be interested in one day running their own friendly, rural practice. The organisation is progressive and thinks outside the square, hours are flexible and work/life balance is considered key in this organisation.
This organisation is a small and dynamic practice located in Exeter, Tasmania. They specialise in traumatic and acquired brain injury, stroke, vestibular disorders, M.S. and parkinsons disease, cerebal palsy, motor neuron disease, musculoskeletal, sports injuries and paediatrics. There is a lot of potential for the successful candidate to progress within the organisation, you will be working alongside two physiotherapists and an exercise physiologist.
What’s on offer?
This position attracts an excellent and progressive remuneration package based on the allied health award base salary, superannuation, in-house mentoring, plus a generous professional development allowance.